Monday, November 27, 2006

Joy

Wednesday is my wife's birthday. For the almost 8 months I have run this blog I have kept the simple commandment “thou shalt not blog about your wife (especially when she is a very private person)”


But with all the other essays and notes I have written in these pages, I cannot let a day like this pass without acknowledging the brilliant and beautiful woman who has shared my life and made me a better man. As she has recently been far away, my appreciation for how blessed I am to be her husband has only deepened.


I wrote the note below in my journal after our first year of marriage. It is even more true now than it was then:


I live an amazing romance –as beautiful as it is improbable. To love each other so passionately and honesty. To have a woman as lovely and wise as my Joy... to look forward and back through the years and see nothing but her smiling face... to always catch her tears when she cries... it is more than anything I could imagine. If I read it in a book or saw it in a movie I would call it a lie –too perfect to reflect any reality. But here I am lying beside her as she sleeps!




*The picture of the little girl is Joy on her 4th or 5th birthday. I always smile when I see it.

No comments: